I try not to do a lot of cooking during the summer. However I still have a family of 7 to feed. So when I do cook I like to cook something that will last along time. Most Sunday’s I will cook a whole chicken, turkey, or roast then make it stretch through the week so I don’t have to cook. One of the recipes I like to with the chicken or turkey is Chicken Salad you could also use canned chicken.
Chicken Salad with Grapes and Apples
adapted from Cooks.com
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing (or less depending taste)
- 1TBS lemon juice
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups cute-up cooked or canned chicken
- 1 med. stalk celery, chopped
- 1 cup seedless grapes (both red and green work great)
- 1small red apple cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
Mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss with chicken and celery. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Stir in grapes, apple and sunflower seeds. Serve on lettuce or bread. (we prefer croissants)
It’s so yummy, easy and you don’t have to turn on the oven.
Thanks for stoppin’ by and hangin’ out.
I will be linking up to these fantastic parties.